Steven J Gould

David Kristofferson kristoff at
Sun Dec 12 23:03:44 EST 1993

neilgrif at writes:

>Forgive me for any ignorance as a new user, but I fail to see what
>arguments about the soul are doing in a newsgroup entitled "Evolution
>of genes and proteins"

Quite right.  Unfortunately the USENET name of this group leads to
these problems.  Perhaps we should consider renaming it to something
obscure like

to not attract the attention of the unwashed masses 8-).  I am
currently logging in remotely from the Cell Biology meeting in New
Orleans and don't want to tackle this immediately, but if people want
to discuss renaming the group to prevent these unwanted intrusions in
the future I'll take care of it after I get back if the support is

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager

				biosci-help at