Theory of Evolution?

Diane Stothard dstothar at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Thu Dec 30 13:29:00 EST 1993

In article <2fqmp3INN42p at newsman.csu.murdoch.edu.au> cummins at possum.murdoch.edu
.au (Jim Cummins) writes:
>If you believe that crap about dinosaur footprints then you deserve the
>state of ignorance you're stuck in!  Evolution is a fact as nearly as
>anything else: there are a number of theories to explain how it came
>about, but no serious scientist doubts the evidence.
>
>Jim Cummins

I don't think it is a good idea to flame every person who has trouble believing
or understanding evolution. I'm sure that there is a percentage of netters who
write to this group that believe evolution is farce. I am also sure, though,
that a percentage of them are writing to this group to try and learn what it's
all about. As an educated scientist and one who studies molecular evolution, I
think the more appropriate response is to try and enlighten these writers
rather than burn them! (Just my humble opinion)

Diane