DNA fingerprints

Marc GIRONDOT p75783 mgi at ccr.jussieu.fr
Sat Jun 12 03:33:27 EST 1993

In article <1vadvl$s4c at morrow.stanford.edu> andres at wilson.Stanford.EDU (Andres Ruiz) writes:
>Does any one out there know about recent work on the use of DNA fingerprints
>(multilocus or combined form single VNTR loci) to analyse population structure?
>The most recent work I have seen is on the California Chanel Island fox
>(Gilbert et al. Nature 344:764-767- 1990).
>             Andres RUIZ LINARES M.D., Ph.D.
>             Department of Genetics
>             Stanford University Medical School
>             Stanford CA 94305
>             Phone: (415) 723-65-06
>             Fax: (415) 725-15-34

Here are some of the paper on this subject... perhaps there are many others

Capy, P.
Brookfield, J.F.Y.
Estimation of relatedness in natural populations using polymorphic genetic
Genet. Sel. Evol. 23:391-406

Stephens, J.C.
Gilbert, D.A.
Yuhki, N.
O'Brien, S.J.
Estimation of heterozygoty for single-probe multilocus DNA fingerprints
Mol. Biol. Evol. 9:729-743
With some data from natural populations

Geisser, S.
Johnson, W.
Testing Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium on allelic data from VNTR loci
Am J Hum Genet 51:1084-1088

Weir, B.S.
Population genetics in the forensic DNA debate

Marc Girondot,