DNA fingerprints

Marc GIRONDOT p75783 mgi at ccr.jussieu.fr
Sat Jun 12 03:33:27 EST 1993

In article <1vadvl$s4c at morrow.stanford.edu> andres at wilson.Stanford.EDU (Andres Ruiz) writes:
>Does any one out there know about recent work on the use of DNA fingerprints
>(multilocus or combined form single VNTR loci) to analyse population structure?
>The most recent work I have seen is on the California Chanel Island fox
>(Gilbert et al. Nature 344:764-767- 1990).
>
>--
>             Andres RUIZ LINARES M.D., Ph.D.
>             Department of Genetics
>             Stanford University Medical School
>             Stanford CA 94305
>             Phone: (415) 723-65-06
>             Fax: (415) 725-15-34

Here are some of the paper on this subject... perhaps there are many others

theoretically:
Capy, P.
Brookfield, J.F.Y.
1991
Estimation of relatedness in natural populations using polymorphic genetic
markers
Genet. Sel. Evol. 23:391-406

Stephens, J.C.
Gilbert, D.A.
Yuhki, N.
O'Brien, S.J.
1992
Estimation of heterozygoty for single-probe multilocus DNA fingerprints
Mol. Biol. Evol. 9:729-743
With some data from natural populations

Geisser, S.
Johnson, W.
1992
Testing Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium on allelic data from VNTR loci
Am J Hum Genet 51:1084-1088

Weir, B.S.
1992
Population genetics in the forensic DNA debate
PNAS ?

Marc Girondot,
Paris