CORRECTION

thomasb at ento.csiro.au thomasb at ento.csiro.au
Tue Jun 15 12:02:13 EST 1993

CORRECTION:

In my last message I said that Goldschmidt discounted the homeobox type
mutations in a saltational process.  I actually meant R. E. Snodgrass,
famous insect morphologist, although he was most concerned with the serial
homology of appendages among insect segments.  I guess once you're over 30
your memory goes....

The reference is

Snodgrass, R. E., 1935.  Principles of Insect MOrphology.  New York,
McGraw-Hill.

and also probably

-----, 1952. A Textbook of Arthropod Anatomy.  Ithaca, New York, Comstock
Press (reprinted by Hafner in 1965).

Thomas M. Boyce
thomasb at ento.csiro.au
Molecular Biology and Genetics  	       	       	       	Ph: 61-6-246-4159
Division of Entomology, CSIRO   	       	       	       	FAX: 61-6-246-4173
GPO Box 1700
Canberra, ACT 2601
AUSTRALIA