response to info request for genetic programs

Ben Jones jonesbb at BELOIT.EDU
Fri Jun 18 04:42:45 EST 1993

Robert Hickson summarized the responses to his request for software which
handles genetic drift.  Near the end he commented:

>Note: I tried e-mailing bioquest at beliot.edu for the address for a demo
>but received no reply.

The software demo he was referring to is on a local server for anonymous
ftp.  The site is "cs.beloit.edu" (144.89.40.33) and the software is in
directory "Public/BioQuest".  The directory also contains information on
the educational philosophy that BioQUEST is built on.  (It's not just
another pretty interface.  Sorry.  I couldn't resist.  ;-)  )

BioQUEST is a non-profit consortium of biology educators, and is not
handling sales of the software.  The BioQUEST Library CD has been released
and marketing is being done by the Academic Software Development Group of
the University of Maryland.   For sales information, brochures, etc., send
email to:
    asdg at umdd.umd.edu

Recently we finished a weeklong development conference, and are in the
process of training a new secretary, so our email accumulated for awhile.
Apparently the backlog has been handled by now, but if anyone sends us
email at the bioquest address, please be patient if you don't get an
immediate response.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Ben

Ben Jones                  BioQUEST / Department of Biology
jonesbb at beloit.edu         Beloit College, Beloit, Wisconsin