variability measures

lizvanp at ento.csiro.au lizvanp at ento.csiro.au
Tue Jun 22 11:37:55 EST 1993

I have an alignment of about 30 proteins which was aligned using MaxHom
from EMBL Heidelberg. I have subsequently added more proteins by hand and
slightly changed the alignment. What I am now in need of is a program which
allows me to input this alignment and then give me a measure of variability
at each site in that alignment. I would like that measure of variability to
take into account substitution matrices or physiochemical characteristics
of amino acids, or any other measures of variability that anyone would like
to suggest.
Lis van Papenrecht
C/O Div. Entomology, C.S.I.R.O.
Box 1700 Canberra A.C.T. 2601