Treeing partial sequences

Zharkikh Andrey gsbs1022 at UTSPH.SPH.UTH.TMC.EDU
Tue Mar 9 08:39:16 EST 1993

 robison1 at husc10.harvard.edu (Keith Robison) wtites:

>I would like to make a tree for a gene family, but the problem is that
>the known members of the family are a mix of complete sequences,
>N-termini, and C-termini.  I don't need things to be perfect, just
>a decent guess at the phylogeny.  What is the best way to go about this?

I would biuld separate trees for complete sequences, for N-termini, and
for C-termini and then construct the consensus of the three preferring
the first as more reliable if there are any alternatives.
As fas as I know there is still no well founded approach for such
kind of data. Maybe I missed it...

Andrey