Question about genomes

rhoneycu at NSF.GOV rhoneycu at NSF.GOV
Fri Mar 12 14:15:00 EST 1993

          This is in response to the question concerning literature on
          chimpanzee and human.  There is a book edited by Morris
          Goodman called Molecular Anthropology.  You might try there
          for some information.  In addition, you might look in the
          following places:  1) Journal of Molecular Evolution - over
          past few years, especially the papers by Sibley and
          Ahlquist.  2) A paper published in Evolution approximately
          three years ago Jeff Powell.  3) There is an old paper by
          King and Wilson that details genetic differences between
          humans and chimpanzees.  I believe it was published in
          Science sometime in the mid-1970s.  4) There are numerous
          papers by Vincent M. Sarich and Allan C. Wilson on humans
          and chimpanzees.  5) Rebecca Cann, Maryellen Ruvolo, Stephen
          Ferris, Wesley M. Brown, Ben F. Koop, Michael Miyamoto, M.
          Nei (his book called Evolutionary Genetics published by
          Columbia University Press), and Howard Green all have
          published papers on humans and chimpanzees.  6) Yunis has
          published papers on high resolution chromosome mapping in
          higher primates as well.  I believe he has two older papers
          in Science.

          Good luck on your search.

          Rodney Honeycutt