Alignment of Coding Sequences

Peter Stockwell peter at sanger.otago.ac.nz
Tue Mar 30 21:38:29 EST 1993

Jason E Stewart (jasons at bmc.uu.se) wrote:
> Does anyone know of a program that will limit the addition of gaps in an
> alignment to mulitples of three when the sequences being compared are known
> to be coding sequences?

> TIA

> Jason.

> Jason Stewart                                 Father at large
> Department of Medical Genetics            jasons at bmc.uu.se
> Biomedical Center, Box 589                Tel 46 18 17 49 10
> 751 23 Uppsala                            Fax 46 18 52 48 69
> Sweden

My HOMOLOGOUS sequence editor HOMED now allows nucleic acid sequences to be
displayed and edited as their peptide translations, so that gapping of
the sequences in accordance with a corresponding peptide alignment will
cause the nucleic acid sequence to be gapped in multiples of 3.

This program is currently available by sending email to:

Peter A. Stockwell
bioc06 at otago.ac.nz