evolution of genomes

Malcolm Shute mshute at cs.man.ac.uk
Fri May 7 05:45:07 EST 1993

In article <1993May4.175559.13419 at ac.dal.ca> aroger at ac.dal.ca writes:
>"The Evolution of Genome Size."...He not only talks about the C-value
>paradox but also a variety of interesting issues in eukaryotic and
>bacterial genome evolution.

I'm sorry to sound ignorant (on the grounds that I am), but could some
kind person offer a brief (one line) definition of the two underlined
terms.  (I'm not a biologist... and only dabble into this newgroup as
an interested observer, whilst munching my lunch-time sandwiches).

Thanks in advance.

Malcolm SHUTE.         (The AM Mollusc:   v_ at _ )        Disclaimer: all