origins of nucleic acids

Christopher Kashina Patil cpatil at leland.Stanford.EDU
Sat May 29 15:12:01 EST 1993

In article <19930526170551CADYODD at MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU> CADYODD at MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU (James Kalin) writes:
>I'M AN UNDERGRAD TAKING A GRADUATE MOLECULAR EVOLUTION CLASS AND I'M
>WRITING A REVIEW OF THE MAIN THEORIES REGARDING THE EARLY SYNTHESIS OF
>"THE MOLECULES OF LIFE", SPECIFICALLY NUCLEIC ACIDS, SINCE THESE SEEM
>TO BE THE MOST DIFFICULT TO "MAKE". THEY MAIN PEOPLE I KNOW ABOUT WHO
>HAVE EXPLORED THIS ISSUE ARE CAIRNS-SMITH, ORO, AND MILLER & UREY(?),
>THOUGH THE LAST GROUP ONLY FOUND AMINO, NOT NUCLEIC ACIDS. ANY
>REFERENCES AND OR SUGGESTIONS/COMMENTS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
>THANKS, JAMES 'DON'T THROW A COT CURVE' KALIN

Leslie Orgel has also done some good work involving abiotic synthesis
of biomolecule precursors, and Hal Morowitz has some interesting thoughts
on the subject.

--
Chris Patil				Stanford University
cpatil at leland.stanford.edu		Department of Biological Sciences