Evolutions End?

SPLUHAR at CROP.UOGUELPH.CA SPLUHAR at CROP.UOGUELPH.CA
Wed Oct 6 16:57:41 EST 1993

> To:            molecular-evolution at net.bio.net
> From:          verse at bio.vu.nl (Henk W van Verseveld)
> Subject:       Re: Evolutions End?
> Date:          5 Oct 93 07:37:45 GMT

> In article <Oct.4.13.34.13.1993.28870 at flounder.rutgers.edu> Mark Hilton,
> xenith at flounder.rutgers.edu writes:
> >Is it a possibility or a fact that all life will eventually evolve
> >into to the point where they become extinct? If life is as natural as
> >Death, Could Extinction be as natural as Unicess( Unicess = species
> >coming into life)
> >
> >write me..
>
> Maybe life just is a result of the deterministic chaotic behavior of the
> universe, and thus it is a universal law that life will evolve when the
> environment is right. Only we, over-pride, over-narcistic humans think we
> are something extra-special.

Bacteria are the most evolved organisms because they've been evolving
for the longest time. ;-)

> Of course death is natural. Without death, no evolution.
> In this newsgroup the evolution and flexibility of communities could be
> discussed as broad as microbial to human communities.
> My personal interest is in microbial communities
>
> anybody interested?
>
>Stephen A. Pluhar
SPLUHAR at CROP.UOGUELPH.CA           Dept. Crop Science  U. of Guelph
Phone: 519-824-4120 Ext. 4865      Guelph, Ontario, Canada. N1G 2W1