Complete nuclear or mt DNA sequences?

Francis Ouellette francis at AZALEA.NLM.NIH.GOV
Mon Oct 11 14:15:24 EST 1993

Tom Duda (t_duda at orac.holonet.net) asks:

> Can anyone direct me to any complete sequences described (mt or nuclear)
> for any organism(s)?  I have searched Genbank and so far have only come up
> with two complete mtDNA sequences.  Do you have any hints on keywords to
> search?  Thanks!

If you gopher to our neighbor here:

gopher.nih.gov

and use the following words for your search of the GenBank database:

mitochon* and circular and complete

you will get:

 -->  1.  gb:MTPACG P.anserina complete mitochondrial genome.
      2.  gb:OBEMTATPA O.berteriana mitochondrial F-1-ATPase alpha subunit gene, co...
      3.  gb:RICMTB1 Oryza sativa (rice) Mitochondrial plasmid-like DNA (B1), compl...
      4.  gb:PALMTCG Paracentrotus lividus mitochondrion, complete genome..
      5.  gb:BOVMT Bovine mitochondrion, complete genome..
      6.  gb:NEUMTPLCG N.crassa mitochondrial plasmid, complete genome..
      7.  gb:YSCMTCG S.cerevisiae mitochondrion DNA, complete genome, compiled from...
      8.  gb:HUMMTCG Human mitochondrion, complete genome..
      9.  gb:MUSMT Mouse mitochondrion, complete genome..
      10. gb:XELMTCG X.laevis mitochondrial DNA, complete genome..

apart from #2, they all appear to be complete mitochondrial genomes.

regards, and best of luck

francis