Evolutions End?

RYBICKI, ED ED at micro.uct.ac.za
Mon Oct 11 03:32:40 EST 1993

> To:            molecular-evolution at net.bio.net

> > In article <Oct.4.13.34.13.1993.28870 at flounder.rutgers.edu> Mark
Hilton,
> > xenith at flounder.rutgers.edu writes:
> > >Is it a possibility or a fact that all life will eventually
evolve

> Bacteria are the most evolved organisms because they've been
evolving
> for the longest time. ;-)

Really? Hasn't everything been evolving for the same length of time?
B-|  And aren't bacteria actually the most primitive because they more
closely resemble organisms present near the origin of life?  B-)

 | Ed Rybicki, PhD             |                                      |
 | (ed at micro.uct.ac.za)        |      "Lord, won't you buy me         |
 | Dept Microbiology           |          A Mer-ce-des Benz           |
 | University of Cape Town     |     My friends all have Porsches     |
 |                             |          I must make amends..."      |                      |
 | fax: 27-21-650 4023         |            (Pearl, 1971)             |