Mark Siddall mes at
Tue Apr 5 23:03:23 EST 1994

In article <015845IVKTIHKWVXYVMN at> percival at writes:
>I just finished taking a bush out of my front yard and I noticed roots I
>have never seen before. Each root had a bulb on the end. The bulb was
>kind of like a potato, but clear and much smaller. I think that the
>function of these structures is to store water.
>Can someone please explain what these bulbs are?

Symbiotic/parasitic microbe or nematode?

Try bionet.parasitology and describe the plant.

Mark Siddall             The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance,
Department of Zoology       - it is the _illusion_ of knowledge.
University of Toronto                             D. J. Boorstein
mes at