karyotypes needs info

Laurent Duret duret at evoserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Thu Aug 11 02:19:06 EST 1994

In article d9r at nef.ens.fr, lacroix at ens.fr (Gerard LACROIX) writes:

> ... So if anybody can give me a good reference for a review
> OR ANY INFO ABOUT THE KARYOTYPE of the animal or plant he/she is working on,
> such as number and types of chromosomes and/or estimated DNA length, it will
> be of much help.

You may find interesting information in:

Genetic maps - Locus maps of complex genomes - Sixth edition (1993)
S.J. O'Brien editor. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press

Besides viruses, prokaryotes and lower eukaryotes, this book contains
information about many plant and vertebrate genomes.

Laurent Duret			    duret at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Tel: 	+33		    Fax:	+33
Laboratoire de Biometrie, Genetique et Biologie des Populations
Bat 741 - URA CNRS 243 Universite Claude Bernard - Lyon I
43, Bd du 11 Novembre 1918
69622 Villeurbanne cedex FRANCE