karyotypes needs info

Gerard LACROIX lacroix at ens.fr
Wed Aug 10 19:49:38 EST 1994

	I'm just trying to start a work on the evolutionof karyotypes
(assuming that the possible importance of the "morphology" of chromosomal
sets has been neglected for too long). As a matter of fact, I'm looking for
causal relationships between certain population parameters and chromosomal arrangements. Populations' demographic parameters are sometnihg I can still
deal with, but I really don't know where to get informations for a comparative
study on karyotypes. So if anybody can give me a good reference for a review
OR ANY INFO ABOUT THE KARYOTYPE of the animal or plant he/she is working on,
such as number and types of chromosomes and/or estimated DNA length, it will
be of much help.

			Thank's in advance

				Gerard Lacroix
				Paris