Theories of Evolution

Robert S. McKee rs_mckee at pnl.gov
Fri Aug 19 18:54:23 EST 1994

In article <brjot1.29.2E5045A0 at MFS01.cc.monash.edu.au>, brjot1 at MFS01.cc.monash.edu.au (Benjamin Jotkowitz) says:

>Could someone please explain to me simply the theories of Darwin, Lamarck
>and others on human evolution. References would also be appreciated.
>        With thanks in advance,
>                Benji.

Simply stated, evolution is the belief that physical systems (in this case biological systems)
spontaneously through random processes organize themselves into states of
higher-order.  Unfortunately, this violates the entropy laws which tell us that all physical
systems tend toward greater disorder.
Ref:  Thermodynamics With an Introduction to Thermostatistics,
Herbert B. Callen, 3rd ed.