Theories of Evolution

DON'T DRINK AND PARK --- ACCIDENTS CAUSE PEOPLE jdwren at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu
Sun Aug 21 19:40:37 EST 1994

In article <333gnf$tk at bbs.pnl.gov>, rs_mckee at pnl.gov (Robert S. McKee) writes:

>>Could someone please explain to me simply the theories of Darwin, Lamarck
>>and others on human evolution. References would also be appreciated.
>>

> Simply stated, evolution is the belief that physical systems (in this
> case biological systems)
> spontaneously through random processes organize themselves into states of
> higher-order.  Unfortunately, this violates the entropy laws which tell
> us that all physical systems tend toward greater disorder.
> Ref:  Thermodynamics With an Introduction to Thermostatistics,
> Herbert B. Callen, 3rd ed.

	Actually, the law of entropy (also known as the 2nd law of
thermodynamics) applies to CLOSED systems. The Earth is not a closed
system, it receives energy input from the sun. Nice try, reverend.

                              <-- Jonathan Wren -->
     OOOOOOOOO
    OO       OO
    OO   UU  OO   UU        The University of Oklahoma
    OO   UU  OO   UU
    OO   UU  OO   UU
    OO   UU  OO   UU
     OOOOUUOOO    UU