(none)

Geoff McFadden mc_fadden at botany.unimelb.edu.au
Sun Dec 18 18:48:30 EST 1994

What's the smallest known spliceosomal intron?  So far the smallest I can
track down is the 35bp intron in the cut7 gene of fission yeast (Nature
347:563-6).  Does anybody know of any published (or unpublished)
spliceosomal introns less than 35bp?  My grad student and I have found a
gene with three (apparently spliceosomal) introns of 19bp, so we may be
claiming a new record.

Thanks,
        ,--.
       /  , \
      /   `@ \==>        Geoffrey Ian McFadden PhD
      \      /            Senior Research Fellow
       \    /        Plant Cell Biology Research Centre
       / ~~ \                School of Botany
      /      \           University of Melbourne
     /        \             Parkville VIC 3052
    /   /      \                 Australia
  /  /         | \       fax: +61 3 347 1071
 /,/|          |`.\    phone: +61 3 344 5062
 '  \          /  `    email: mc_fadden at botany.unimelb.edu.au
      \_,__,_/
        #= #=