Journal that publish simulation programs?

Keith Robison robison at lipid.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 19 23:43:57 EST 1994

Guy Hoelzer (hoelzer at unr.edu) wrote:
: Hi netters,

: A couple of coathors and I have been working for some time on a computer
: simulation of mtDNA evolution.  The program and the results are very
: interesting and, of course, complicated.  We have come to the conclusion
: that what was originally intended for a single paper must be divided into
: several papers dealing with different subjects.  One thought was that the
: details of the program itself might be published separately to avoid using
: a great deal of space in the subject papers.  Is there an appropriate
: journal in which to publish a description of the simulation program without
: going into the details of the results?

You might consider Computer Applications in the Biological Sciences
(Oxford University Press, I believe), also known as CABIOS.  It's
sometimes hard to find a library which carries it, but if you look
in EMBO Journal or Nucleic Acids Research you can frequently find
ads for it.

Keith Robison
Harvard University
Department of Genetics / HHMI