superimposed trees?

JAMES O. MCINERNEY James.McInerney at UCG.IE
Sun Feb 27 08:19:20 EST 1994

Hi,
My problem is this..
I have constructed a tree from some protein sequences (seven sequences)of the
same gene family.
However, the distribution of these sequences among representative organisms
is very patchy. On the other hand there is a very good paper in the literature
where these and other proteins are characterised biochemically and trees are
constructed from this info. My question is, can I superimpose one tree onto
the other to give a fuller interpretation of the mode of evolution of these
proteins. Are there any references which I should have? Any rules-of-thumb?

Thanks in advance,

James McInerney