Unit of selection

Jim Bowery jabowery at netcom.com
Tue Jan 11 19:54:15 EST 1994

In sci.bio.evolution there is a discussion of "Gene vs Individual vs Group"

I honestly don't understand the arguments for Individual and Group
selection.  They seem like utter nonsense to me so I can't really respond
to what people are saying without coming off as insulting.

Are there any molecular biologists who understand evolution who
understand these arguments for individual or group selection?
The promotion of politics exterminates apolitical genes in the population.
  The promotion of frontiers gives apolitical genes a route to survival.