Mutation tables.

Brian Foley brianf at
Mon Jan 17 13:04:33 EST 1994

	Where can I find tables of naturally occurring mutation rates?

I want to know:
	What is the ratio of C -> T mutations : A -> G mutations in
various species?
	Is the excess rate of C -> T mutations completely accounted
for by CpG methylation?  Or is that only part of the reason for
an elevated rate of C -> T compared to A -> G?
	What are the ranges of values for the ratio of silent mutations
within coding regions to amino acid-substituting mutations?  i.e.
if I find 703 mutations in a gene between species A and species B and only 3
amino acid changes in the proteins of species A and B, is this very