mtDNA methodology

Sun Jan 30 21:32:21 EST 1994

I wonder if someone would explain for me the procedures used by
Cann, et. al. in the analysis of mtDNA.  I had one class in
biochemistry some years back and I am uncomfortable with the
descriptions I have read in the original literature -- which
may just be over my head.
I am uncomfortable with black-box approaches to questions and
want to know how restriction enzyme analysis is used to break
the mtDNA down into n  lineages and then how the mtDNA divergence
is estimated.

Thank you in advance.

Philip Nicholls                   "To ask a question,
Department of Anthropology         you must first know
SUNY Albany                        most of the answer."
pn8886 at