transition bias

Jonathan F Wendel jfw at iastate.edu
Mon Jul 11 17:40:31 EST 1994

Most of us have had reason to encounter, at one time or another,
transition/transversion biases.  I am wondering, though, whether there is
any information on biases WITHIN transitions.  Specifically, are there data
on AG versus CT transition frequencies in either plants, fungi, or animal
nuclear or organellar genomes?

Please respond to me by email.  I will synthesize the remarks I receive and
post them.  Thanks.
--
                   Jonathan F Wendel
       Department of Botany, Iowa State University