some quick questions on exobiology

story at binah.cc.brandeis.edu story at binah.cc.brandeis.edu
Wed Jul 20 17:04:44 EST 1994

What processes give rise to comets. Are they formed catastrophically and would
any life survive this? Or are they formed slowly by stuff attracting other stuff, and why would one expect life on space stuff?
Finally, a virus as I understand it is not a free living organism. So to
postulate space viruses one must presumably postulate "higher" cells as well, out there.
I'm very sceptical that a bit of the very simplest amino acids on a ball of
cometary ice is evidence for life in even the weakest sense.

My 2c worth.

Craig Story

p.s. I'm in a bad editor, sorry.