Looking for PC dendrogram software

Mark Siddall mes at zoo.toronto.edu
Fri Jun 3 15:39:37 EST 1994

In article <1994Jun2.191054.28762 at alw.nih.gov> tate at faxcsl.dcrt.nih.gov (Ramon L. Tate) writes:
>As the subject line indicates, I am looking for a source for
>software for creating dendrograms. Since this is *not* for me - I'm
>just better "connected" than the would-be user  - I would appreciate
>replies by mail if possible, although I would be happy to share any
>replies with the news group if there is enough interest. AtDhVaAnNkCsE
>Ramon L. Tate
>Distributed Systems Branch
>Division of Computer Research and Technology
>National Institutes of Health
>Bethesda, MD 20892                            tate at faxcsl.dcrt.nih.gov

By dendrograms do you mean:
a) cladograms ?
b) phenograms ?
c) distance trees?
d) neighbor joining trees?
Are you interested in:
a) phylogeny?
b) population level similarities?
c) simple genetic similarity?

The answer to your question needs to be framed in the context of these clar-
ifications.

Mark

Gloucester Point, VA, 23062