receptor evolution

Jehangir K. Tajik tajik at everest.radiology.uiowa.edu
Sun Jun 5 15:54:56 EST 1994

I was wondering if anyone had ideas on how a particular receptor evolved for a given
ligand.  I think I read somewhere a couple years back that the receptor for a given
ligand was transcribed from the oppsite DNA strand that the ligand was transcribed
from.  Any ideas?

Regards,
Jehangir

Jehangir K. Tajik                                       Phone: 319-356-1381
Division of Physiologic Imaging                           FAX: 319-356-1503
Department of Radiology
University of Iowa College of Medicine
Iowa City, IA  52242                          tajik at everest.radiology.uiowa.edu