interspecies promoter evolution

dalehn at facstaff.wisc.edu dalehn at facstaff.wisc.edu
Mon Jun 6 00:00:50 EST 1994

In article <2834 at alsys1.aecom.yu.edu>, <burk at alsys1.aecom.yu.edu.> writes:

> There has been considerable interest and work on the evolution of
> proteins between species.  Does anyone know of work on analyses of
> promoter sequences between species for a given gene?

Not to blow my own horn too much. ;-}  Take a look at my paper:

Evolutionary Conserved Motifs and Protein Binding Elements in
the 5' Region of the Chromosomal Protein HMG-14 Gene.  DNA and
Cell Biology, 12(8):753-761.

IMHO, comparitive sequence analysis between promoter elements
is the best way of identifying regions that important for
promoter function.