Relationships between genes...

Curt Jamison cjamison at news.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 22 10:14:29 EST 1994

In article <2u74pd$bpr at umd5.umd.edu>, ram at mbisgi.umd.edu (Ram Samudrala) writes:
|> I am looking for information pertaining to the relationship between
|> various genes in a chromosome for the various chromosomes that have
|> been sequenced.  In particular, I am looking for genes which are
|> believed to have arisen out of gene duplication events.
|>
|> Any pointers to where such information can be found will be
|> appreciated.  I searched a bit through the WWW but couldn't come up
|> with anything remotely close.
|>
|> Thanks!
|>
|> --Ram

You don't mention which organism you're interested in. If any organism will
do, you might try ACeDB, which contains the genetic map, physical map, and
sequences for C. elegans. There is a searchable index available via gopher
and Mosaic, but the best way to work with it is to have it local (assuming
you have a Sun or a PC running Linux).

--
Curt Jamison
cjamison at csl.ncsa.uiuc.edu

These opinions are entirely my own and bear no relation
to those of my employers and/or reality