How to generate all possible evol. trees

Mark Siddall mes at
Wed Jun 22 22:47:38 EST 1994

In article <9406222107.AA17629 at> joe at GENETICS.WASHINGTON.EDU (Joe Felsenstein) writes:
>By the way in the paper by Mary Kuhner and I in Molecular Biology and
>Evolution 11: 459-468 (1994) we describe two metric distances between
>trees, the Robinson and Foulds dT measure and our own concoction, the
>Branch Score, which is the square of a metric distance.  The former
>depends only on the topology, the latter also on branch lengths.

You might also try the "median binary tree" approach.  See Margush and McMorris
1981.  Bull. Math. Biol.  43: 239-244; and Page, 1988, Syst. Zool. 37:
254-270 for an application.

mes at                    I object to a cut-rate one"
Gloucester Point, VA, 23062