the recent advertisement

the End jgraham at bronze.ucs.indiana.edu
Wed May 25 18:38:35 EST 1994

In <1994May25.103624.4739 at Princeton.EDU> mattweed at edith.Princeton.EDU (Matthew Weed) writes:

>I suggest that you send email to the person who posted
>the recent thigh cream ad, and also send to postmaster
>at his machine.  His address is:keogh at anshar.shadow.net

>send also to: postmaster at anshar.shadow.net.
>Both addresses work, at least I haven't gotten any bounced
>mail since my response two days ago.
>Matt

Please do not do this as the return address is that of a well known
software writer who is not involved. Also the privellages granted
by shadow.net for involved parties is reported to be revoked.

The whole thing may well be a hoax rather than more commercial
spamming. The sentiments expressed are however appropriate, and
we do need to squash this before it goes further.

Jim
J. E. Graham
Indiana University Bloomington