Phylogeny meeting at Princeton (in LaTeX)

Fri Nov 4 02:47:42 EST 1994

> Not to be a pain in the butt, but did you bother to LOOK at the
> before flaming Simon, Ed? The file is perfectly (well, almost
> readable without using LaTeX. Just a bunch of extra lines at the
top, for the
> most part. Everything else is plain ol' ASCII text.

(Blushhhhh...)  On my mailreader I could only see the LaTex, without
downpaging.  I sent the message THEN paged down.  THEN felt foolish.
 But the original sentiment stands: how many of us have LaTex
readers?  So why bother to format something that way for general
readership?  So not a flame, merely a warm gust (=hot air).
 | Ed Rybicki, PhD          | The percentage you're paying is too  |
 | (ed at   | high-priced, and you're living beyond|
 | Dept Microbiology        |  all your means; And the man in the  |
 | University of Cape Town  |    suit has just bought a new car    |
 | Private Bag, Rondebosch  |       From the profit he's made      |
 | 7700, South Africa       |            on your dreams...         |
 | fax: xx27-21-650 4023    |        - Steve Winwood, 1971         |
 | tel: xx27-21-650 3265    |   (Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys)    |