Information and Evolution

AROUTIOUN AGADJANIAN COMINT at arout.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 14 16:39:45 EST 1994

Our team has developed a scientific theory about new type of
transmission of information between living creatures within biological
species.

The main idea of this theory is that killed creatures transmit by
unknown way all information they gathered during their life to the
survivors of the same species at the moment of death. That is, each
individual participated in essentially important for evolution
information connection between generations not only transmitting the
genetic information received from parents to their offsprings via DNA
but also transmitting all information about environment, gathered from
the first moment of life to the last moment of death, to all survivors
of its population. (If we suggest that information is not just a
measure but a fundamental category like matter and energy, then it
becomes understandable that with death of living creature all
information about its life can not just disappear - it could change its
form but must continue to exist.) Thus, gathered by each ever lived
individual of a biological species information does not vanish but
accumulates somehow as an "information fund" of the species and takes
an important part in life of progeny determining equally with
genetically inherited information the embryonic development,
reproduction, instincts, behaviour, etc.

According to our theory that part of the whole transmitted from killed
to survivors information which is received at the moment of violent
death has the most important significance to process of adaptation of
biological species to the environment. We think that transmission of
this information makes population protecting mechanisms work. The first
level of protection is preservation of population numbers via changes
in reproduction:  this information can directly influence the
reproduction rate of survivors increasing it. The second level of
protection is a level of adaptation via changes of characteristics:
information about causes of death received from killed individuals
influences the mutations that results in changes of genetic
characteristics in next generations leading to adaptation to this
killing factor.

To prove the link between reproduction rate of living creatures and
violent death within a population we have conducted a series of
experiments on laboratory animals. The experiment pattern was extremely
simple similar to that of well-known experiments aimed to study
population self regulation at the level of numbers in which populations
of laboratory animals are exploited as they might be by predators. In
these experiments we observed the reproduction rate in several
identical groups of animals from which the equal numbers of animals
were removed. The difference in our experiments was that the animals
from the test group were killed and then removed while the animals from
the control were just removed (An attempt was done to model what occurs
in nature). Results proved the theoretically predicted increase in
reproduction rate in the test groups.