5S RNA phylogenetic info. content

Kent Holsinger kent at DARWIN.EEB.UCONN.EDU
Mon Oct 24 07:09:45 EST 1994

Bernard,

I'm not sure this is the paper you're referring to, but several years
I and several of my colleagues came to that conclusion based on an
analysis of 5S rRNA sequences for green plants.  Here's the reference:

Steele, K. P., K. E. Holsinger, R. K. Jansen, and D. W.  Taylor.
   1991.  Assessing the reliability of 5S rRNA sequence data for
   phylogenetic analysis in green plants.  Mol. Biol. Evol.
   8:240--248.

-- Kent

| Kent E. Holsinger                 Internet: Kent at Darwin.EEB.UConn.Edu  |
| Department of Ecology &                     Holsinge at UConnVM.UConn.Edu |
|    Evolutionary Biology           BITNET:   Holsinge at UConnVM           |
| University of Connecticut, U-43                                        |
| Storrs, CT   06269-3043                                                |