Theories of Evolution

Blonde Mentos Guy jryan at wam.umd.edu
Fri Sep 9 12:21:47 EST 1994

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... (gwyckoff at ellis.uchicago.edu) wrote:
: 	Evolution, at the level which it is most commonly applied, does not
: address the very early part of the history of life.  It really only applies
: since DNA (or at least, a self replicative molecule) has existed.  In which
: case, we are really speaking of Molecular Evolution. (caps for emphasis.)
: Molecular evolution involves the random replacement of base pairs in DNA,
: and therefore a sort of reshuffling of genetic material due to mutation.
: This violates no physical laws.  In fact, one could make an arguement that
: entropy in a system actually increases if the genome size increases, but
: that is not really relevant to the topic.

	Man I didn't realize I learned alot already in 4 lectures in my
Molecular Biology class!  This is what my prof said the first day.  :)

--
	What do you think sirs?

Joe Tseng                       ___/|		     aka Blonde Mentos Guy
jryan at Glue.umd.edu              \O.-| "Finger me!"	jryan at wam.umd.edu
NYYANKEES IN 94!!!!! ------oOO =(___)= OOo------------  NYGIANTS IN '94!!!!!
	Top Ten Baseball Player Demands:
 		    1.  More games against the Mets.
#include <disclaimer.h>					P: (301) 935-7049
Alpha Phi Omega - Epsilon Mu			Pi Kappa Phi - Eta Epsilon
                       END THE STRIKE!!!!!!

	     	       "Push the button, Frank!"