Publication quality output program for trees wtd

Robert J. Forster ac562 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA
Fri Apr 21 10:43:27 EST 1995

I am looking for a way of producing publication quality output for the
trees I have produced with the Phylip program on a Mac.  I have tried
NJplot and the drawtree program within Phylip.  I would like to print out  a
tree that shows a relatedness bar  on a Laserwriter.  My implementation of
phylip produces ps output but does not draw a scale, and the graphical
resolution of NJplot is not high enough.

How do the experts produce figures for publication?  I have access to Mac,
PC (486) and if necessary will put Linux on the 486.

Bob Forster
Centre for Food and Animal Research
Agriculture Canada
Ottawa, ON