DNA data for humans, apes and outgroup???

Ludvig Mortberg Agneta.Guillemot at historia.umu.se
Tue Aug 8 15:54:28 EST 1995

Does anybody know how much DNA or proteins have been sequenced in the
apes and outgroups for cladistic analysis? I'm not interested in the
actual sequences of course. Just knowing which proteins or sequences
would help when I search abstracts for articles on the actual
sequences.

I already know of five proteins that has been sequenced (aminoacids)
for apes and humans.

fibrinopeptide A and B (Doolittle et al., 1971)
hemoglobin alfa and beta (Maita et al., 1978)
myoglobin (Romero-Herrera et al., 1976)

Have other proteins been sequenced?

I know of a stretch of 896 bases, sequenced from mitochondrial DNA in
apes and outgrop (Brown et al., 1982), and the eta globin gene from
nuclear DNA where data is available from apes and outgroups as well
(Koop et al., 1986). And a DNA sequence from the alfa-1-globin gene.
And the gamma-globin gene.

Are there more?

Thanks in advance!

Ludvig