science/biographies

Cathy Miller CAM19 at psuvm.psu.edu
Fri Aug 11 14:49:50 EST 1995

I am working on my thesis at Penn State and need help from scholars of science.
I am searching for individuals who meet the following criteria:

1.  They are successful, preferably famous.
2.  They did not become successful until later in life; their accomplishments
in the field were not acknowledged until they were at least 40.
3.  They lived in this century, and ideally are still alive today.

My goal is to illustrate the years of struggle that success frequently requires
Pleae e-mail me direct with any information; I promise to post my results to
the Net.  Thanks very much for your help.