Mitchondrial Molec. Phylog. - which gene?

Alfred E. Szmidt Alfred.Szmidt at genfys.slu.se
Tue Aug 22 11:25:54 EST 1995

In my opinion, it does not matter which gene you shall
use.  As long as you shall keep in mind that the resulting
phylogeny tells you about the gene and not necessarily the
organism you study.  I know little about RNA-editing in
the organisms you study.  However, if similar to plant
mt-genes this mechanism is also at work, you should avoid
including genes affected by it. Unless of course you are
willing to obtain and analyse corresponding cDNA sequences.

Hoping that this was of some help,

Best wishes,

Alfred E. Szmidt

In article <CwA81s.31y at zoo.toronto.edu>, mes at zoo.toronto.edu says...