BLAST Mail Server?

Francis Ouellette francis at
Tue Aug 22 22:26:39 EST 1995

Mike Ready (mikeready at wrote:

> Sorry to use bandwidth, but my access to old info is limited.  Does
> the BLAST mail server still exist, and (if it does) what is the
> procedure for getting the  *^%$&^$ help file?

Sure, BLAST (Basic Local Alignment Sequence Tool) is alive and
well at NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information)
where the nucleic acid and protein sequences databases are
updated daily.

Help is available by sending the message to:

blast at

with the word 'help' in the body of the message.  You will
get three documents back:

1) a help document on how to use the BLAST e-mail server.
2) The man pages for the BLAST suite of software.
3) the BLAST FAQ (frequently asked questions).

If you have further questions, you can send them to:

blast-help at

| B.F. Francis Ouellette
| GenBank
| francis at

PS.  There is also a WWW version, available at: