Thermotoga maratima

Mark Siddall mes at
Sat Dec 2 13:42:52 EST 1995

In article <jeisen-0112951330230001 at> jeisen at (Jonathan A. Eisen) writes:
>However, there are many reasons why SS-rRNA trees should be good
>including: lack of parology, low likelihood of lateral transfer, the

Lack of parology??????
Are you serious?
In a gene that has so many copies in the genome?
In a gene that is known to be subject to concerted evolution to the

There is (I suspect) much paraology that is cryptic due to the lineage
sorting that homogenization effects.

mes at                    I object to a cut-rate one"
Gloucester Point, VA, 23062