disequilibrium program

William J. Etges wetges at COMP.UARK.EDU
Wed Dec 13 10:30:34 EST 1995

At  7:40 PM 12/12/95 -0800, Dave Carmean wrote:
>Is any software available to calculate multilocus gametic linkage
>disquilibria?  Weir's 1990 text book 'Genetic Data Analysis' gives a 442
>line Fortran program that looks like it would do the trick, but I'd mangle
>it typing it in and then I'd have to learn Fortran in order to debug it.
>
>Thanks,
>Mary Berbee

        Weir's multi-locus linkage disequilibrium program works very well,
and can be used generate a number of useful statistics.  Perhaps you could
contact Weir directly to see if anyone has translated the code into a more
user friendly format.

Bill

William J. Etges
Department of Biological Sciences
SCEN 629
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701  USA
wetges at comp.uark.edu
http://comp.uark.edu/~bioinfo/etges.html
voice: (501) 575-6358
FAX   (501) 575-4010

Teaching is a very different sort of activity from consumer
relations. Good teachers do not necessarily make students
comfortable or happy, especially if one of their important
functions is to engage students in the painful practice of
interrogating their own prejudices and assumptions.
--- John Michael, University of Rochester.