Alignment programs

ard jonker a337ard at
Wed Dec 20 08:04:47 EST 1995

In article <carmean-1512951828090001 at>, carmean at
(Dave Carmean) wrote:
> I find it interesting that there is no discussion here of using homology
> (such as secondary structure) to align sequences.  Karl Kjer has been
> working on this aspect of alignment.
You mean: bottom up - top down:first spend a linear amount of time by
calculating the conformation of a certain structure (from bottom up), then
match these structures by shape and finally doing a more precise alignment
(top down)
interesting. Where can we find more information? (references?)