controversies & ethics

mamber mamber at
Tue Feb 7 10:24:32 EST 1995

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.950130115343.5258D-100000 at rocky>, Phandaal <ez006804 at> says:
>I've been asked to give a lecture to upper-division college students on
>the controversies and ethical considerations in producing transgenic
>organisms, especially transgenic plants.
>Peter Schuerman
>plschuerman at

How about lecturing on the benefits of creating transgenic tobacco plants that
produce anticancer, anti-AIDS or other beneficial drugs instead of being used
to make cigarettes and other smoking-related products?

mamber at