Canid mtDNA primers?

Brad Swanson bswanson at bilbo.bio.purdue.edu
Thu Feb 9 14:26:15 EST 1995

Hello everyone, I am a PhD student at Purdue working on fox dispersal.  I
have some interesting populations in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem and
would like to look at dispersal and popualtion structure in the area.  I
have a set of microsatellite primers for the nuclear genome, but I would
also like to find a set of mtDNA primers for a highly variable region.
Male foxes disperse much greater distances than females do, so I think
that it will be important to look at both genomes to get a better picture
of what is going on.  If you have any primers that I might be able to use
I (or know of anyone who does) I would appreciate your help.  Feel free to
respond directly to my e-mail (bswanson at bilbo.bio.purdue.edu) as I doubt
too many people would be interested in the replies.  I will post a
summmary though if anyone is interested.  Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Brad

--
Brad Swanson                  ***The ratio of my incompetence ************