abiogenesis

RYBICKI, ED ED at molbiol.uct.ac.za
Tue Jan 10 04:24:32 EST 1995

> From:          mskelly at freenet2.scri.fsu.edu (Mark Skelly)
> Subject:       abiogenesis
> Basically, this states that it took 3 billion years just for a
cell to
> evolve into one with a nucleus(eukaryote). And it took ONLY 1
billion
> years to go from a eukaryote[ cell w/ nucleus ] to a modern
humanoid.
> Quite illogical.

What a silly statement.  Where does logic come into it?  Are you
forgetting a few trifling necessities for higher evolution, like an
enriched oxygen-containing atmosphere?

>         It has been said that if a Creator exists, than who
created the
> Creator?  We are forgeting that the Creator is infinite, therefore
> to ask who created God? It the same as to purpose the question:
> When did infinity begin? This is a paradox.

And this is getting even more silly.  And what if there IS NO
CREATOR?  What then, Mahavira?
 | Ed Rybicki, PhD          |  (ed at molbiol.uct.ac.za)  |
 | Dept Microbiology        | University of Cape Town  |
 | Private Bag, Rondebosch  |   7700, South Africa     |
 | fax: xx27-21-650 4023    |  tel: xx27-21-650 3265   |
 |       URL: http://www.uct.ac.za/microbiology        |