Need program to calculate sequence similarities

Douglas Gordon gordond at ava.bcc.orst.edu
Wed Jan 18 13:14:27 EST 1995

Hello all.

	I am interested in finding a program that will calculate
similarities among a fairly large (20 - 25) group of aligned DNA
sequences.  I have access to several different UNIX platforms as well as
PCs and MACs.  Ideally the program should accept the files in a standard
format (ie. GCG or Genbank) and give distances as well.  It would also be
nice if the output was close to publication quality.  Thanks in advance
for any help you can give me.

                                    Regards,

                                           Doug

|  Doug Gordon                       gordond at bcc.orst.edu                  |
|  Oregon State University           Molecular and Cellular Biology        |
|  (503) 737-3334                    Corvallis, OR  97333  USA             |