Green People

Gary Williams gwilliam at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Jan 18 05:54:44 EST 1995

In article <D2K68x.8L1 at ssbunews.ih.att.com>,
Ian D. Bruce <ian at happy.milkyway> wrote:
> ...photosynthesis as my sole DIRECT means of fixing energy becomes
> limiting and I'm better off using
> ...a food chainthe advantages of staying out of the light to avoid being eaten.

I've often thought that the wing surface of a soaring bird or a fruit
bat would be usefully employed in photosynthesis.  Birds don't need to
hide during daylight and have a large surface area/volume ratio compared
to other higher animals.

There may of course be all sorts of problems with providing a blood
supply through the altered feather structure of the 'green bird' leading
to an unacceptable increase in weight etc.

--
GARY WILLIAMS,  Internet: G.Williams at HGMP.MRC.AC.UK        Tel: 01223 494522
Computing Services, HGMP Resource Centre,